Emergency Management Southland Tips
Emergency Management Southland has produced the following tips in order to help you get prepared:
- Don't drive in floodwaters unless it is absolutely essential- there could be dangerous debris lurking under the surface.
- Close all curtains during a storm to impede the path of flying glass and airborne objects.
- During a flood do not attempt to drive or walk through floodwaters unless it is absolutely essential.
- In an emergency, listen to your local radio station for information and follow the advice and instructions issued by Civil Defence Emergency Management.
- Open the fridge and freezer as little as possible if the electricity is off.